Saturday, September 12, 2015

They are HERE!

I remember Disneyland, much more as an adult taking my own children, than as a child. 

We'd park the car with great anticipation under the symbol of a Disney character, load up our three and walk/tram our way to the ticket turnstiles and then make our way to Main Street...and then I would have an overwhelming need to run...throw my hands to the side and my head back and just run.  I picture closing my eyes, but that ends poorly after about 3 steps. I didn't do that because it was back before grey hair, and my good sense insisted I remain close to the children as they attempted their running and jumping and wide-eyed grins.

But today...driving through the end of the forest area and seeing the road that turns left to Chayah's home...I had that rush again, like I wanted to run and throw my arms open wide.

My gratitude is hard to get a hold of it feels so unmanageable at times.  Why God would bring us here and set us free to experience this part of His kingdom is beyond me, but reentering this particular place causes that same "we are here, lets run and do and see".  It doesn't sound especially lofty spiritually, and yet I can picture God smiling at our excitement and anticipation and wonder if he doesn't stand with arms crossed, leaning slightly backward and chuckling as He watches our reaction, thankfully always staying within arms reach and basking in our joy.  

There will be stress to be sure...difficult circumstances and hard places...and other emotions, but today it was a Main Street moment for me.

AND
the team from Engineering Ministries International, Inc is here!  Somethings you wait forever for, some things God gives quickly and beyond what we ask or imagine.  Eleven smart, educated, kind, giving people from their early 20's to grandparents, men and women and oh my goodness the skill and gifts God has given them.  Their roles this week became clear to us early on...but their hearts give away the reasons they are here to serve us and Chayah's children and the Lord.  
They are from Canada, the UK, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota and Singapore.  We are thrilled to serve them as they serve us.  Our anticipation is great as we watch them looking every which way, and asking all the right questions, studying this place in an effort to understand first before their creative minds begin to piece together a Master Plan for us.  
Kristen and Instagram said it perfectly..."Our goal that the new plan would mimic village life, but in a safe, nurturing, family-like, Christ glorifying atmosphere".
And oh my word...the knowledge and skill...and brain cells !!! I will fight the urge this week to ask God why their minds are from Neiman-Marcus, when mine seems to have a "swap meet" sort of style...Instead I will ask Him why he would bless us so with this team whose hearts are wide open to Uganda.

And I have not taken a picture so far, but do not be surprised to see me leaning in really close in the photos to come.  Close enough for our hair to touch, just in case I can catch a little grey matter from any single one of them.  

It has been a meet and greet kind of day...and we look forward to watching it all unfold.  

Please pray for good health all week for everyone and also that God would speak the loudest among us so that we will walk in His plan. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment